As good groupies, you and I both like discovering new music. I’ve found that to be true over and over with my new music posts. You guys read and share those like crazy, which I so appreciate.
So to keep the new music discovering going, I decided it was time to bring back my 3 bands posts – but in a whole new way. Instead of being just another post on the blog, my 3 bands picks will come right to your inbox once a month – and once a month only – when you join the list.
Why an email? Look, I get it because I feel the same way. Your email address and inbox are sacred – we already get flooded with all kinds of marketing emails. Do you really need one more?
Yes, and I’ll tell you why – because I know what kind of music fan you are. If you’re reading The Good Groupie, it’s because you subscribe to the idea of being a true blue, wholehearted fan of the music. You get it.
And for that reason, I want to share these new music picks with you and only you – the most dedicated good groupies. The ones who won’t just be casual listeners. The ones who will get to know these bands, listen to their favorite songs and albums over and over, go to shows, buy merch and become their fans.
Sound like you? I thought so.
Here’s what you can expect from joining the 3 bands email list:
- One email once a month. That’s it, I promise. (Emails will go out the first Tuesday of every month.)
- Each email will contain exactly three new bands I’ve started listening to in the past month. If you’re like me, you get overwhelmed with the new music out there, so lets not over do it.
- While I can’t promise that every band will be brand new to you, I will try my best to seek out bands that have just released a debut album/EP, bands you might not have heard of yet – or maybe haven’t taken the time to listen to! (Like Barney Stinson says, new is always better!)
- Listening links! What good is an email about new music if you can’t listen to it? And I’ll include as many sites and streaming platforms as I can find them on to cover everyone.
- A reply email that will actually get to me – and I want you to do that. When 3 bands hits your inbox, click the reply button to tell me how much you love band #1 or how off-the-mark I am on band #3. I’d love to hear from you so I can get to know what you guys like too.
- My solemn promise that I will never, ever sell, give away, trade or in anyway share your email address with anyone, ever. That’s just scummy, and I’m not that kind of groupie.
And, as always, I’m dreaming big so I might open up this email to picks from my trusted music friends, maybe a band member or two. (Maybe we’ll even be able to throw in some free downloads!)